Registering with Figges Marsh Surgery

Our practice list is open and we are accepting new patients that live in our catchment area.

Accountable / Named GP for All Patients

All patients registered at Figges Marsh Surgery have a named doctor who has overall responsibility for your care and support. Your registered GP is also your named accountable and your allocated GP. Your allocated GP will be responsible for the provision of your healthcare. If you choose to see another doctor at the surgery you are entirely free to go on doing so exactly as before.

If you are unsure of who is your named Doctor please ask at reception

New patients are allocated a Doctor on Registration.

Practice Catchment Area

The practice area is shown with our catchment area marked in red. Click on the map and enter your postcode to check if you live within our catchment area.

If you are unsure, you can also contact reception to confirm. 

If you change your name and address or telephone number please inform us as soon as possible. If you move out of the practice area, you will be required to re-register with a more local practice.

Pre-Register Online

You can pre-register with Figges Marsh Surgery online.

This helps us speed up the patient registration process by providing key information prior to your visit to the surgery. Simply click on 'Pre-Register Online' to start the process.

I have Pre-Registered - What Next?

After pre-registration please visit the surgery to complete your registration. You will need to bring your Medical Card and two Identification documents (eg Utility bill, driving license, passport etc).

Registrations take place between 11am to 12noon and 5pm to 6pm daily.

I do not have my Medical Card?

GMS1: Permanent Patient Registration Form

If you do not have your medical card, you will need to complete form GMS1, you can do this when you visit, or download a copy (see left) and bring the completed form with you.

Temporary Residents

The Doctors are happy to see patients who are temporarily resident in the Practice area should medical advice be required. In this instance persons wishing to be treated should state that they are a temporary resident when reporting to reception.

To register you will need to complete our Temporary Resident Registration form which is available from reception, or can be downloaded here:

GMS3: Temporary Resident Registration Form